This page contains all announcements posted to the UN pages of the IAAPsy.org website, regardless of their posting dates and display status (current, expired, or future). They are in chronological order, with the newest on top.
Commission for Social Development – Side Event
“Decent Work as the Most Important Strategy for Poverty Eradication”
Date: Friday 10 February 2017
Location: United Nations Headquarters, Conference Room 12
Chair: Mary O’Neill Berry, PhD, NGO Representative to the United Nations for the International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP)
Discussant: Walter Reichman, EdD, OrgVitality
- “Partnerships to Foster Living Wages: Project GLOW.” Presenters: PhD, Massey University, New Zealand, Molefe Maleka, PhD, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa.
- “Climate Change and Employment: Building Sustainable Resilience.” Presenter: Peter R. Walker, PhD, NGO Representative to the United Nations for the International Council of Psychologists (ICP) and the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI).
- “Decent Work, Not Just a Job, as the Pathway Out of Poverty: Voices of Low-Income Women in Nicaragua.” Presenter: Virginia E. Schein, PhD, Gettysburg College.
- “Humanitarian Work Psychology's Contributions to Poverty and Mortality Eradication.” Presenter: Mathian Osicki, PhD, IBM.
- “Employer Practices to Improve Employment Outcomes for Individuals with Disabilities.” Presenter: Susanne M. Bruyere, PhD, Cornell University.
Submission & Bios
Depending upon your browser and its settings, the documeents may be displayed on screen or downloaded to your Downloads folder.
UN 70th Anniversary
Celebrating 70 years of The United Nations
48th Session of the Commission on Population and Development
UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
59th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women, 2015 Beijing+20: Empowering Women – Empowerin