It Pays to Be A Member of IAAP - Join Now!
The most important benefit of being a member of IAAP is to be linked to a world-wide network of like-minded colleagues with opportunities to develop close cooperation and exchanges in research, teaching and the practice of applied psychology. Members may, through their participation in the IAAP Divisions, influence the form and content of the international congresses. Border spanning friendships and cooperative partnerships develop through activities in IAAP's Divisions, among Divisions, and among applied psychologists and colleagues of other cooperating disciplines.In order to further advance these contact possibilities, IAAP has created e-mail distributions lists organized by divisions, under the control of the president in office of each division and the person appointed as liaison to the website of the division.There is also an e-mail distribution listsystem under the control of officers.
Members in good standing
IAAP members in good standing are those who appear in the database of members updated by the end of December last year and the database of members of the present year. New members of IAAP are those who appear in the database of members of the present year but not in the database of the previous year. Incoming members of IAAP are those who pay their membership through the registration form of the ICAP because they become members the next year. Lapsed members are those who do not appear in the database of members updated last December and the database of members in the present year, but appear in databases of members by December of two or more years ago.
Voting rights of members
IAAP members in good standing and new members have full voting rights, may nominate or endorse candidates, may participate actively in decision making in IAAP affairs and activities. Lapsed members and incoming member may do suggestions but do not have voting rights, cannot nominate, cannot endorse, cannot participate actively in decision making.
Nomination rights of members
Membership in good standing for a minimum of two years is a basic requisite to be nominated, to nominate and endorse candidates in election procedures of IAAP. Exceptions to the requisite of full membership in good standing will be an extraordinary matter and must be put forward by the president in office backed by the past president and the president elect. This is an example of the presidential privilege.
There are also direct material benefits:
- Asian Journal of Social Psychology(for the Japanese Group Dynamics Association and the Asian Association of Social Psychology)
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy
- British Journal of Special Education(for the National Association for Special Educational Needs)
- Child Development(for the Society for Research in Child Development)
- Computational Intelligence
- Current Directions in Psychological Science(for the American Psychological Society)
- Curriculum Inquiry
- Developmental Science
- European Journal of Education(for the European Institute of Education and Social Policy)
- Gender, Work and Organization
- Higher Education Quarterly(Society for Research into Higher Education)
- Industrial Relations
- International Journal of Selection and Assessment
- Japanese Psychological Research(for the Japanese Psychological Association)
- Journal of Analytical Psychology(for the Society of Analytical Psychology)
- Journal of Family Therapy(for theUKAssociation for Family Therapy and Systematic Practice)
- Journal of Personality
- Journal of Social Issues
- Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour
- Journal of Research in Reading(for theUnited KingdomReading Association)
- Mind and Language
- Pastoral Care in Education(for the National Association for Pastoral Care in Education)
- Political Psychology
- Psychological Science(for the American Psychological Society)
- Reading(for theUnited KingdomReading Association)
- Scandinavian Journal of Psychology(for the Psychological Associations ofDenmark,Finland,NorwayandSweden)
- Social Development
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Support for Learning(for the National Association for Special Educational Needs)
- Teachers College Record
IAAP offers 200 free institutional memberships to libraries and departments of psychology from low income countries. A formal request must be sent by the director of the department or the university library to the Secretary General of IAAP, that is, via email here.
Here are ten more arguments for joining the IAAP.
Ready to sign up? Join now!